For over thirty years, MetroPlus Health Plan has served eligible New Yorkers, providing excellent health care at little to no cost. MetroPlus, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals.
Our network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. We are nearly half a million members strong and have members all throughout New York, including Staten Island.
Our skilled and dedicated employees reflect our membership. They come from all over the tri-state area and beyond, and are committed to assuring access to quality comprehensive health care, health education and customer service to our members.
To provide our members with access to the highest quality, cost-effective health care including a comprehensive program of care management, health education and customer service. This is accomplished by partnering with NYC Health + Hospitals and our dedicated providers.
To provide access to the highest quality, cost-effective health care for our members, to achieve superior provider, member and employee satisfaction, and to be a fiscally responsible, ongoing financial asset to NYC Health + Hospitals. MetroPlus will strive to be the only managed health care partner that NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest municipal health care system in the country, provides government sponsored health insurance along with commercial plans, will ever need. This will be accomplished by our fully engaged, highly motivated MetroPlus staff.
- Performance Excellence, holding ourselves and our providers to the highest standards to ensure that our members receive quality care
- Fiscal Responsibility, assuring that the revenues we receive are used effectively
- Regulatory Compliance, with all City, State and Federal laws, regulations and contracts
- Team Work, including everyone at MetroPlus and with our providers to deliver the highest quality care and service to our members
- Accountability to each other, our members and providers
- Respectfulness in the way that we treat everyone we encounter