Children and Family Treatment Support Services
Effective January 1, 2019, new mental health and substance use services are available with NYS Children’s Medicaid. These services give children/youth (under age 21) and their families the power to improve their health, well-being and quality of life, strengthening families and helping them make informed decisions about their care. Services are provided at home or in the community.
(Other Licensed Practitioner)
- Assessments for mental health and/or substance use needs
- Identify strengths and abilities through individual and group therapies
- Get individual, group, or family therapy where you are most comfortable
(Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Community Psychiatric Supports & Treatment)
- Learn to incorporate therapy goals into everyday life and receive extra support managing medication
- Build relationships and communicate better with family, friends and others
- Learn self-care, and use coping skills to manage emotions
Family Peer Support Services
(Anticipated to Begin July 2019)
- Get support if you are raising youth with mental health and/ or substance use challenges
- Provided by a Credentialed Family Peer Advocate/Certiﬁed Recovery Peer Advocate who has similar experiences
- Get support and assistance with:
- Locating information and resources available to meet the youth/family’s needs
- Making informed decisions
- Building and strengthening natural supports and resources
Who can get these services?
Children and Youth (under age 21) who are covered by Medicaid and have mental health and/or substance use needs can get Children and Family Treatment and Support Services at no additional cost. These services are covered by regular Medicaid or, if enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care plan, these services are available through the health plan.
How will these services help?
These children's services meet the individual needs of children and their families/caregivers by:
- Identifying mental health and/ or substance use needs early
- Providing support in the home and community
- Preventing the need for emergency room visits, hospital stays, or out-of-home placements
To find out more about Children and Family Treatment and Support Services, contact us at 1.800.303.9626.