Children and Family Treatment Support Services
Starting on January 1, 2019, as part of New York State's Children's Transition, MetroPlus began to offer additional Child and Family Support Services (CFTSS) previously covered by NYS Children's Medicaid. On July 1, 2019, more CFTSS and Behavioral Health services will be available for MetroPlus children. These services give children/youth (under age 21) and their families the power to improve their health, well-being and quality of life, strengthening families and helping them make informed decisions about their care. Services are provided at home or in the community.
(Other Licensed Practitioner)
- Assessments for mental health and/or substance use needs
- Identify strengths and abilities through individual and group therapies
- Get individual, group, or family therapy where you are most comfortable
(Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Community Psychiatric Supports & Treatment)
- Learn to incorporate therapy goals into everyday life and receive extra support managing medication
- Build relationships and communicate better with family, friends and others
- Learn self-care, and use coping skills to manage emotions
Family Peer Support Services
(Anticipated to Begin July 2019)
- Get support if you are raising youth with mental health and/ or substance use challenges
- Provided by a Credentialed Family Peer Advocate/Certiﬁed Recovery Peer Advocate who has similar experiences
- Get support and assistance with:
- Locating information and resources available to meet the youth/family’s needs
- Making informed decisions
- Building and strengthening natural supports and resources
Who can get these services?
Children and Youth (under age 21) who are covered by Medicaid and have mental health and/or substance use needs can get Children and Family Treatment and Support Services at no additional cost. These services are covered by regular Medicaid or, if enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care plan, these services are available through the health plan.
How will these services help?
These children's services meet the individual needs of children and their families/caregivers by:
- Identifying mental health and/ or substance use needs early
- Providing support in the home and community
- Preventing the need for emergency room visits, hospital stays, or out-of-home placements
To find out more about Children and Family Treatment and Support Services, contact us at 1.800.303.9626.