MetroPlus Partnership in Care (PIC) provides a team approach to caring for people living with HIV/AIDS. The Health and Wellness team includes an HIV Specialist as your PCP, a social worker, a nutritionist and a Nurse Case Manager who will help you manage your condition and stay healthy. Our Case Managers help you make appointments with an HIV Specialist and stay on top of your medications. We can also make it easier to see specialty providers, such as Hepatitis C experts, dermatologists and heart specialists, and get support services.
MetroPlus Partnership in Care (PIC) is open to most Medicaid* eligible adults and children living with HIV/AIDS in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan or Staten Island. Children (up to age 21) of Partnership in Care members are also eligible to enroll, even if they are HIV negative.
If you live in New York City, are on Medicaid, and are receiving care for transgender health (gender dysphoria), you may be eligible to enroll in our Partnership in Care Special Needs Plan (SNP). Your children may also qualify to enroll in the SNP. Learn more here (English/Spanish).
Medicaid Partnership In Care (PIC) HIV - Special Needs Plan offers all the benefits of Medicaid as well as:
- Health and Wellness Advisor, your personal MetroPlus contact
- Regular checkups with your HIV specialist
- HIV-specific health care screening
- Referrals to specialists
- Lab, x-rays, and other tests
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital care
- Nutritional assessment and guidance
- Maternity and child care, including care for infected and uninfected children
- Home care services
- Personal Care / Home Attendant Services
- Treatment adherence services
- HIV prevention and risk reduction education
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- Dental care and vision care benefits
- Adult Day Care and AIDS Adult Day Care
- Nursing Home
- Intensive Case Management – Health Home
There are three ways you can enroll:
Choose us Online:
NY State of Health, the official Health Plan Marketplace – or Exchange – lets you compare plans and look at premium rates on their website. Visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ and check us out at www.metroplus.org/snp
Call us by Phone:
Call MetroPlus Member Services at 1.800.303.9626, TTY users: 711, Monday through Saturday, 8 am – 8 pm.
Visit us in Person:
We’ll see if you qualify and help you enroll in the health plan that’s right for you.
Marketplace Facilitated Enrollers (FEs), Navigators, brokers and agents are available to help you enroll in the Marketplace. Call us at 1.855.809.4073, TTY users: 711. Monday through Saturday, 8 am – 8 pm to make an appointment
When can you enroll?
Enrollment in our HIV SNP is available all year through the Marketplace for qualified individuals. Visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov/.← scroll →
Effective January 1, 2019, new mental health and substance use services are available with NYS Children’s Medicaid. These services give children/youth (under age 21) and their families the power to improve their health, well-being and quality of life, strengthening families and helping them make informed decisions about their care. Services are provided at home or in the community. Learn more here.
To search our provider network for our Partnership in Care (PIC) Plans, please visit the MetroPlus Provider Directory Page
January 1, 2019 Member Handbook Insert:
Children's Family Treatment and Support Services
* MetroPlus also offers a plan for Medicare eligible adults living with HIV/AIDS, called Medicare Partnership in Care HMO.